Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Program ,
The Government of Antigua and Barbuda has re-introduced the Limited Time Offer!
Applications received for the NDF investment option (see below) will receive a reduction on the investment contribution from US$250,000, to US$200,000 and the government processing fees will be US$50,000 for principal applicant and spouse respectively and free for up to two dependents. The offer is valid until 30th April 2015 for a family application of up to four persons.
The Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP) allows for Applicants to qualify to register for Antiguan and Barbudan citizenship. To be eligible, Applicants need to satisfy the following requirements: 1) Be 18 years of age or older, 2) Propose one of the three (3) types of investments (see below), and 3) Meet application requirements.
The application requirements are as follows:
- The Application form (which must be acquired through a Licensed Agent) must be completed and accompanied by 10% of processing fees and 100% of due diligence fees. The forms are to be either originals or certified copies. The fees paid are non-refundable.
- A Medical Certificate which certifies that neither the Applicant nor their dependants suffer from a contagious disease, and are otherwise in good health, is to be submitted as well.
- A Police Certificate is also to be submitted.
- All forms and documents are to be submitted in the English language. If a document is not originally in English, it is to be accompanied by an authentic translation into English.
- In the case of dependants who are above the age of 18, the Applicant must provide a sworn affidavit of support (for each dependant who is over 18 years of age).
- The application form is to be filled out by the Applicant (or his/her Agent), and must be signed by the Applicant and all dependants who are above the age of 18. In the event that there are dependants who are below the age of 18, both of their parents may have to sign on their behalf, or the parent with sole custody, or the minor’s guardian, along with relevant legal documentation to evidence the custody or guardianship.
- All dependants between 18 and 25 years of age must submit written confirmation from an accredited university or college of further education of their enrolment at the time of application.
- ALL documents are to be certified and authenticated in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction from which they originate. The person so certifying must provide: 1) their full name(in capital letters), 2) the capacity in which they are acting, 3) their residential or business address, 4) their telephone number, and 5) their email address.
ALL COMPLETED forms are to be dated and signed, and accompanied by ALL required documents (see above) and fees. Where an application is approved, thirty (30) days thereafter, the Applicant is required to pay the remainder i.e. 90% of the processing fees AND:
- A. Pay at least $200, 000.00 USD into the National Development Fund, or
- B. Complete and execute all necessary documents, and pay the purchase price and all required
disbursements which are to enable title to be registered in the Applicant’s name, and allow
for implementation of the proposed real estate investment in accordance with the Unit’s
- C. Complete and execute all necessary documents for the payment or investment of all sums due for the implementation of the proposed investment in business in accordance with the Unit’s
Upon successful application, ALL Applicants must take an oath or affirmation of allegiance either at an office, Embassy, High Commission or consulate in/of Antigua and Barbuda, or any other office as specified by the Minister responsible for Immigration and Citizenship.
An investment in a designated and approved area of real estate with a value of at least $400, 000.00 USD is required.
Applications under this option will only be considered if Applicants can demonstrate that he/she possesses the financial means to develop the approved project, in accordance with the guidelines of the Citizenship by Investment Unit after consultation with the Antigua and Barbuda Investment Authority.
This option allows for two or more applicants who have executed a binding sale and purchase agreement to apply jointly, as long as each applicant contributes a minimum investment of $400, 000.00 USD.
Additionally, beneficial ownership of real estate through non-profit companies is allowed, provided that the company has issued all its authorized shares to the Applicant(s), is an established company and is in good standing under the laws of Antigua and Barbuda, is not an exempt or offshore entity, and submits irrefutable evidence as to its beneficial ownership, which evidence shall be certified by the Registrar of Companies.
Applicants who sell the real estate or their shares in a company described above will lose their citizenship and be disqualified from further participation in the programme, UNLESS
Cabinet exempts him/her for good and sufficient reason, or
Where, at the same time as disposing the real estate or shares, he/she purchases another approved project or a beneficial interest in a similar company for at least $400, 000.00 USD, or
He/she makes another kind of investment i.e. NDF or business investment
Businesses under this option must be approved by the Citizenship by Investment Unit, after consultation with the Antigua and Barbuda Investment Authority (ABIA).
The business can either be an existing one or a proposed one. Applicants are advised to make contact with the ABIA to discuss their proposals.
An Applicant is required either to make an investment of at least $1, 500, 000 USD on his/her own behalf, OR, where there are at least two persons who propose to make a joint investment in an approved business totaling at least $5, 000, 000.00 USD, each person is required to contribute at least $400, 000 USD into the investment.
TABLE OF FEES
FEES $ USD
- Processing fee – Principal Applicant $50, 000
- Processing fee – Spouse $50, 000
- Processing fee – Dependent child aged 0-11 $25, 000
- Processing fee – Dependent child aged 12-17 $25, 000
- Processing fee – Dependent child aged 18-25 $50, 000
- Processing fee – Dependent parent aged over 65 $50, 000
- Due diligence fee – Principal Applicant $7, 500
- Due diligence fee – Spouse $7, 500
- Due diligence fee – Dependent child aged 0-11 $0
- Due diligence fee – Dependent child aged 12-17 $2, 000
- Due diligence fee – Dependent child aged 18-25 $4, 000
- Due diligence fee – Dependent parent aged over 65 $4, 000
The passport issued will be valid for a period of 5 years and will be considered for renewal subject to the recipient having spent a total of 35 days in Antigua and Barbuda, since gaining citizenship, within the 5 year period.
The passport does not afford automatic voting rights.
The passport will afford the holder visa free travel to 131 countries that includes Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, U.K. and the European Union.