PENSIONED RETIRED VISA Retire happy in Panama !
Low taxes, beautiful weather and beaches , excellent health care: these are just a few of the reasons people come to Panama to retire.
More people each year choose to retire abroad to find a change of scenery, new experiences and a lower cost of living.
Make retirement the best years of your life !
Here's what you need to know.
Documents Required from Home
Retiree and Pensioner
May apply for this visa, those foreigners that receive a retirement or pension, from a Foreign Government, International Organization or Private Company. The monthly income or monthly pension or retirement amount may not be less than one thousand dollars (US$1,000.00) and must be granted for life.
1. Police and Criminal Records, issued in the place of residence for the last two (2) years, duly stamped, sealed and authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate or by Apostille.
2. Original passport with a minimum of 6 months left of validity.
3. Four (4) carnet sized pictures.
4. A certification letter stating their condition as a retiree or pensioner confirming that they receive a pension for no less than one thousand balboas (B/.1,000.00) per month or its equivalent in a foreign currency and that it is for life. This document must bear the stamps and be authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate or by Apostille.
If the pension or retirement payment comes not from the Government but from a private company, the following must be provided
- A letter from a foreign pension administration company, trust fund, mutual fund insurance or banking company, that certifies that the funds exist to guarantee a life long pension for the applicant.
- A certification of the existence and the duration of the company that grants the pension and administers the fund.
6. Document·of proof of residency·in Panama (sale and purchase agreement of house or land or lease agreement).
7. Good health certificate issued by a clinic or hospital in Panama
In case of dependents:
- Two hundred and fifty balboas (B/.250.00) must be provided to the National Immigration Service for each dependent.
Make retirement the best years of your life in Panama !
Panama Pensioned Retired Visa - More people each year choose to retire abroad to find a change of scenery, new experiences and a lower cost of living. Welcome to Panama !
Panama Pensioned Retired Visa, anyone over 18 years of age can qualify for the Panama Pensioned (Retired) Visa by proving the he or she is receiving a lifetime minimum $1,000 USD per month payment.
An exception to this minimum amount is when the applicant purchases Panama real estate valued at least $100,000 where the minimum monthly amount is reduced to $750 USD.
The pension or annuity must be proven with documentation from the government agency or company which makes the payments and the certification must be notarized and authenticated by the nearest Panama Consul or by Apostille.
Pensiones Retired Visa
- All documents must be authenticated by a Notary and by the nearest Panamanian Consulate, or by a Notary and the Apostille. The Apostille (The Hague Convention of 1961) is a faster way of authenticating documents and is normally obtained through the Secretary of State Department in your home state (in the USA) or through the Foreign Office (in UK and Canada).
Call +507 8339 685