The Panama Immigration Department has eliminated the requirement of a Multiple Exit and Entry Visa for all Temporary Resident Visas & Permanent Residents that have received an approved Visa.  The Panama Multiple Entry and Exit Visa is only required for the provisional processing card (from 3 months up to 1 year), for non-residents who are applying for Panama residency.   Approved temporary residents and permanent residents are not required to have a Multiple Entry and Exit Visa.

To explain further, for all Visa applicants (either Temporary or Permanent Residency), before your Residency Visa is approved through a formal Resolution, the Panama Immigration Department always issues a “Provisional Processing Card”, which is valid for 3 months up to 1 year, and allows the applicant of the Visa to legally reside in Panama during that period of time, until the Temporary or Permanent Residency Visa is approved. If it takes longer than 3 months to 1 year for the Visa (Temporary or Permanent Residency) to be approved, then the “Provisional Processing Card” must be renewed and extended.  All foreigners that have a “Provisional Processing Card” must obtain a Multiple Exit and Entry Permit if they wish to be able to leave and re-enter the country during the time that they are waiting for the Visa Approval.

We can assist foreigners with acquiring a Panama Multiple Entry & Exit Visa.

The Government of the Republic of Panama provides Residency Visas for foreigners so they can establish residency and permanently reside within the territory of the Republic of Panama.

An “Immigrant” is a foreigner or tourist that has applied for a Panama resident Visa.

A “Resident” is a foreigner or tourist that has completed a Panama resident Visa application program and has obtained a Panama Permanent Resident Card.

Article 264 of the Executive Decree No. 320 of August 8, 2008 abolished the requirement for foreigners who are residents of Panama to obtain a Panama Multiple Entry/Exit Permit in their passports.  This applies to:

1. Those persons who currently have a Panamanian cedula;
2. Those persons who have a Provisional Panama Resident Permit for one year;
3. Those persons who have a Panama Temporary Visa for one or two years and;
4. Those persons who have a carnet (card) as pensioned retirees (“jubilados pensionados”).

When entering Panama at the international airport, the immigration authorities will honor the cedula (national identification card) or respective carnet (resident card)

error: Content is protected !!