IMMIGRATION:PANAMA ITALY TREATY VISA
The visa for Italian citizens was created in Law 15 of 1966 – called Friendship, Business, and Navigation treaty between the Republics of Panama and Italy – with the objective to encourage Italians to establish economic and professional activities in Panama..
Visa requirements include:
- Enter Panama with an Italian Passport.
- Notarized Power of Attorney and Application.
- Five (5) passport-size photos.
- Notarized photocopy of applicant’s passport.
- Background check.
- Certificate of good health.
- Explanation of the applicant’s purposes in Panama (economic activity or occupation to develop). It is possible to open a company in Panama to fulfill this requirement.
- Proof of Italian Citizenship, such as Italian ID, Birth Certificate (valid only for 6 months), or any other document that properly identifies the applicant as Italian.
- Declaration of personal background.
- Panamanian bank reference letter with a balance greater than USD $5,000, to demonstrate economic means.
- Check for USD $250 to the National Treasure.
- Proof of economic ties with Panama, in the form of a corporation, ownership of titled property, or a job offer.
- If the application needs to include dependents, the applicant also needs to include:
- Letter of accountability for these dependents.
- Proof of ties between the applicant and each dependent.
- Proof of address – applicant and dependent must live in the same address.
- If the dependent is 18 years old or more, single status and student status certificate.
This visa carries many benefits for Italian citizens. For instance, the applicant’s spouse and dependents do NOT have to be Italian citizens to be included in the application. This process also provides a path to obtain Panamanian ID (cedula). Finally, this Visa does NOT require neither an initial investment nor purchasing a property in Panama.
Contact Us to learn more or to start with your Panama-Italy Treaty Visa process.