Visa for Passengers or Crew for foreigners of Cuban nationality
The National Migration Service establishes visa requirements for passengers or crew in transit for foreigners of Cuban nationality
Decree No. 19 of March 8, 2022, published in the Official Gazette on March 8, 2022 (hereinafter "The Decree"), establishes a Visa for Passengers or Crew for foreigners of Cuban nationality who travel in transit through the Republic of Panama to another destination or back to their country, for a period of three (3) months.
The following are the most relevant measures included in the Decree:
- The Visa for Passengers or Crew in Transit is established as a requirement for foreign citizens of Cuban nationality who travel in transit through the Republic of Panama, to another destination or back to their country, for a period of three (3) months.
- The Visa for Passengers or Crew in Transit for Cuban citizens may be granted for up to a maximum period of twenty-four (24) hours and only authorizes the migrant to remain in the international transit area of the airport, in order that he can continue his trip to another destination or his country of origin.
- This visa must be requested personally by the interested party before the Panamanian Consulate of the country that is located, with a minimum period of fifteen (15) business days prior to the date of travel.
- The cost of this visa will be the same as established for the regular tourist visa; that is, USD 50.00, in accordance with article 315 of Executive Decree No. 320 of August 8, 2008, as amended by Executive Decree No. 26 of March 2, 2009.
- To apply for the visa for Passengers or Crew in Transit, the interested party must provide the following:
- Visa application form for Passengers or Crew in Transit, with all the required information.
- Two (2) passport size photographs.
- Complete copy of the passport, with a minimum validity of six (6) months.
- Verified air reservation with itinerary of continuation of the trip.
- Copy of the identity document of the country of residence, with a minimum validity of six (6) months.
- Proof of payment of consular fees. .
- When the request is for a minor, it must be made by one of their parents, and must provide the authorization of the other parent, or whoever has the duly accredited guardianship of the minor.
- Once all the requirements have been verified, the Panamanian consul of the country in which the interested party is located must send this information through the technological means that, for this purpose, the National Migration Service has.
- The National Migration Service, according to the information received, will communicate the approval or rejection of the application submitted, which will be sent to the Panamanian consulate through the available technological means.
- The National Migration Service establishes the Visa for Passengers or Crew in Transit for Cuban foreign citizens for a period of three (3) months.
- The requirements that must be provided to apply for the visa for Passengers or Crew members for Cuban foreign citizens are established
- The requirements to apply for the visa for Passengers or Crew must be presented to the Panamanian consulate of the country in which the interested party is located, the Panamanian consul will be in charge of sending the information and the National Migration Service will communicate the approval or rejection of the application submitted.
- The decree came into effect from March 8, 2022.