Panama Entry Requirements
Visas and Immigration / Required Documents
- Valid passport. All tourists must carry their valid passport, at least 3 months prior to its expiration date.
- Return ticket and documents to enter another destination country
- Economic solvency.
- Tourist Visa: It can be obtained from Panamanian consulates abroad.
- CONVENTIONS / OFFICIAL MEETINGS OR MEETINGS OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- The Public Institution or the International Organization that organizes the event must send a note addressed to the Chancellor of the Republic requesting his collaboration and that of the
Consulates for the processing of visas of the participants. It must specify the collaboration that is required exactly. This note must be accompanied by a copy of the Agreement between the Government of Panama and the International Organization or the corresponding Institution regarding the meeting or event. Once the approval of the Foreign Minister has been obtained, the Consular Department will notify the Panamanian Consulates, by means of a note, of the activity and procedure to be followed, and will hold meetings with the Directorate of the National Migration Service and the National Security Council in this regard. It is important to note that one of the requirements of the Security Council is to have the list of participants in order to expedite the requests. So it would be appropriate, if possible, to have such a list from the first moment.
- The Organization or Public Institution will receive the Panamanian Consular Guide and this document that explains the procedures for the application of visas of the participants and guests.
- The requirements for obtaining a visa in these cases are:Passport valid for 90 days.
Photocopy of the Passport on your general data page and photo.
Fill out special visa application form.
Note from the Institution that will represent in the activity to be carried out in Panama certifying its participation.
- The procedure to follow in case there is no Panamanian Consulate in the place of residence of the guest or participant, is as follows:The organizing institution of the event will request the guests who are in these circumstances, send them, via email (scanned) the necessary documents for the visa application. These documents will be sent to the Panamanian Foreign Ministry (Consular Department) with an official note from the organization for its corresponding processing. If they are ordinary passports, the Foreign Ministry will send the documents to the Directorate of the National Migration Service for approval. The Directorate of the National Migration Service will issue a note addressed to the Organization of the event with the authorization of the visa. If the passports are Diplomatic, Consular, Official, Special or Service, the Foreign Ministry will process the authorization of the application and will send a note addressed to the Organization of the event with the authorization of the visa informing that it will be stamped on the passport of the interested party upon arrival at Panamá.La organizing institution must send an official note to the guest / interested in the corresponding language, informing you of this communication and attaching the visa authorization note issued by Migration or Chancellery depending on the case.
The guest/interested party must present the notes of the organizing institution and of Migration or Chancellery at the departure airport (counter of the airline) to allow him to board the plane. Upon arrival in Panama, you must present the same notes to the Airport Migration.
Within the Agency or Institution there must be a contact, whose data is required (name, email, telephone numbers) and which must have the following functions:
It will be the person who will send to the Consular Department of the Panamanian Foreign Ministry the visa applications of the guests or participants who reside in countries where there is no Panamanian Consulate.
This person will be sent from the Directorate of Migration and from the Foreign Ministry the visa approvals of these guests or participants.
The contact will be the person who acted on behalf of the organization for any communication between the Consular Department of the Foreign Ministry or the Directorate of Migration and the Agency or Institution.
If the guests or participants process the visas in the Panamanian Consulates, they will process according to what is instructed by the Consular Department of the Foreign Ministry. It is important to note that the guests or participants to the event may communicate with the Panamanian Consulates or failing that with the contact person of the Agency responsible for the event so that the coordination is carried out in the most orderly and efficient way.
- Immigration Classification for Visas
Stamped Visa or Tourist Card
|Cuba, Haiti, Suriname||Ecuador, Peru, Rep. Dominican.||Canada, United States, Mexico,|
|Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas,|
|Europe:||Europe:||Barbados, Dominica, Grenada,|
|Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina,||Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia,||Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint|
|Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro.||Moldova, Romania, Ukraine.||Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana,|
|Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, America,||Vietnam, Maldives, Mongolia.||Asia:|
|Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan,||Japan, Rep. From China, (Taiwan),|
|Brunei, Cambodia, Rep. Popular China,||Oceania:||Thailand.|
|United Arab Emirates, India, Indonesia,||Fiji: Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands Kiribati,|
|Iran Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos,||Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua, New Guinea,||Oceania:|
|Lebanon, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman,||Western Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalus, Vanuatu.||Australia, New Zealand.|
|Pakistan, Qatar, Rep. Popular Democratic|
|From Korea, Syria, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan,||Africa:|
|Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen,||Angola, Botswana, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Gabon,|
|Philippines; Turkey.||Ghana, Comoros Islands, Madagascar, Malawi,|
|Mauritius, Central African Republic, Republic of|
|Africa:||Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles,|
|Algeria, Benin, Burkina, Faso, Burundi, Chad,||Swaziland, Tongo, Zimbabwe.|
|Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Eritrea, Egypt, Ethiopia,|
|Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea|
|Equatorial, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya,|
|Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique,|
|Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rep. Democratic|
|of the Congo, Rwanda, Rep. Saharawi, Senegal,|
|Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Africa,|
|Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia.|
Countries that do not need a Visa to Enter the National Territory
|Visa Suppression Agreement:||Visa Waiver:|
|Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Uruguay, Costa Rica,||Colombia.|
|El Salvador, Honduras, Paraguay, Brazil, Nicaragua,|
|Andorra, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia,|
|Europe:||Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway,|
|Germany, Hungary, Austria, Italy, Poland, Spain,||Czech Republic, Sweden, Malta, San Marino, Vatican.|
|Portugal, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Greece, Finland,|
|Luxembourg, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Lithuania, Latvia,||Asia:|
|Cyprus, Russia.||Rep. From Korea (South Korea)|
Arrival in Panama
When arriving at Tocumen International Airport it is good to know the particular characteristics of it. Arriving passengers have access to a magical duty-free zone, some shops are open 24 hours a day. It is located on the upper level, very accessible for shopping before continuing to immigration and customs on the lower level. The ATP (Panam Tourism Authority)(a) maintains an information office in the customs area, open from 8 a.m to 12 p.m.
There is a taxi rank in the departure area of the Airport once you go through Customs. The 30-minute taxi ride from Tocumen Airport to Panama City can cost you around $20. The official fare is $10.00 per person if you share the taxi with four passengers, $14.00 per person if you share it with two passengers and $25.00 per private taxi.
There are buses but they do not pass near the terminal and the bus stop is within considerable walking distance. It is not advisable to take a bus.
For international commercial flights, leaving Panama you have to pay $40.00 airport departure tax.
Extending your Tourist Visa
- Go to the Immigration offices: In Panama these are located on Avenida Cuba and Calle 29, there are also offices in David (Province of Chiriquí), Chitré (Province of Herrera), Changuinola (Province of Bocas del Toro) and Santiago (Province of Veraguas). You have to bring your passport, $10, a photocopy of the page in your passport with your particular data and one of the page where your most recent entry to Panama was registered, a letter in Spanish requesting a tourist extension and your return ticket by plane. In Panama, when you arrive at Migration, ask for a "tourist extension", which is a form you will have to fill out. The whole process usually takes two hours.
- MULTIPLE ENTRANCE AND EXIT VISAS
- Entrance Requirements to Panama
- PANAMA MULTIPLE ENTRANCE AND EXIT VISAS
- Panamá Agricultural Investor Program
- Friendly Nation Visa Panama
- Overview of Panamanian Immigration Law
- VISA FOR PERMANENT STAFF OF MULTINATIONAL COMPANY…
- Panama : Permanent Residence Visas
- Domestic Workers Visa
- TOURIST VISA PETITION FOR COUNTRIES WITHOUT A PANAMANIAN…
- RESIDENCY BY INVESTMENT PANAMA
- Panama: Immigration for investors
- Business Investor
- City of Knowledge Work Permit Program Panama