Multiple Entry and Exit Visa Panama

Multiple Entry and Exit Visa Panama


Immigration requires this visa for every foreign national with a file pending. The result is that if you have applied for a residency or visa in Immigration and it is in process, you should request a Multiple Visa in order to travel from Panama

A Residency Visa is provided by the Government of the Republic of Panama to foreigners so that they may establish residency and permanently reside within the territory of the Republic of Panama.

The term "immigrant" refers to a foreigner or tourist who has applied for a Panamá residency visa.

A "Resident" is a foreigner or tourist that has completed a Panama resident Visa application program and has obtained a Panama Permanent Resident Card.

Article 264 of the Executive Decree No. 320 of August 8, 2008 abolished the requirement for foreigners who are residents of Panama to obtain a Panama Multiple Entry/Exit Permit in their passports.  This applies to:

1. Those persons who currently have a Panamanian cedula;
2. Those persons who have a Provisional Panama Resident Permit for one year;
3. Those persons who have a Panama Temporary Visa for one or two years and;
4. Those persons who have a carnet (card) as pensioned retirees ("jubilados pensionados").

When entering Panama at the international airport, the immigration authorities will honor the cedula (national identification card) or respective carnet (resident card)

The National Immigration Service of Panama has eliminated the process of the Multiple Entry and Exit Visa for all those people to whom the Temporary Residence Visa and the Permanent Residence Visa have been approved. The Multiple Entry and Exit Visa is required only for those applicants for the Provisional Residence Permit, which is valid for three (3) months and renewable for the same period up to one (1) year, who are in the process of Legal Residence in Panama.

To be more precise, all applicants for a Legal Residence Visa in Panama, whether Temporary or Permanent, and before their Visa is formally approved by a resolution, will need to process the application for a Provisional Residence Permit before the National Immigration Service, which is valid for a period of three (3) months and extendable up to one (1) year,  and allow the applicant to reside legally in Panama for that period and until their Temporary or Permanent Resident Visa is formally approved.

If the process of approval of temporary residence takes between three (3) months and one (1) year, then it must be renewed and the provisional permit must be extended. All foreigners who have the Provisional Permit card, must apply for the Multiple Entry and Exit Visa if they wish to leave Panama and re-enter during the time it takes to obtain approval of their Residence Visa.


Immi-Pa can assist foreigners in the process of acquiring their Multiple Entry and Exit Visa.

The government of the Republic of Panama provides Residence Visas so that foreigners who wish to reside in Panama can do so legally.

An "immigrant" is a foreigner or tourist who has applied for the Panama Residency Visa.

A "resident" is a foreigner or tourist who has completed the Panama Residency Visa Application Program and has obtained their permanent resident card.

Article 264 of Executive Decree 320 of August 8, 2008, abolished the requirement of the Multiple Entry and Exit Visa for foreigners who are resident in Panama, namely:

  • Those people who currently have a Panamanian ID.
  • Those persons who hold a provisional residence permit in Panama for one (1) year.
  • Those persons who have a Temporary Residence for one (1) or two (2) years.
  • Those people who have a pensioner or retired card.

When entering Panama through the International Airport, the Immigration authorities will honor the Cédula (National Identification Document) or the respective Residence Card.

Note: The only people who will need to apply for a multiple entry and exit permit in Panama will be those who are in the initial phase of the legal residence process and who have a provisional residence permit valid for between three (3) months and one (1) year.


The Panama Multiple Entry and Exit Visa will be granted for the duration of the provisional residence permit, which will depend on the evaluation of the application, compliance with the requirements and the applicant's request.

The Multiple Entry and Exit Visa application must be submitted in person or through a licensed attorney and the following documentation will be required:

  • Multiple Entry and Exit Visa Application.
  • Original and copy of your valid passport, which will certify that your stay in Panama satisfies the legal terms.
  • Original and copy of Panama immigration identity card. (If applicable)
  • Proof of economic solvency (Only for non-residents)
  • Certification as a trader or entrepreneur or the reasons why this authorization is required. If the foreigner is invited by a company, he must deliver:
    • Invitation letter from the company, duly signed by the Manager or legal representative with a copy of the respective identification document.
    • Copy of the Public Registry Certificate of the company.
    • Bank reference letter from the company.

Note: All those who have temporary or permanent residence in Panama, have the possibility of entering and leaving Panama without having to previously require this permit issued by the National Migration Service of Panama, except for those cases in which the competent authorities interpose preventive measures or restrictions on entry and exit.

Validity: The Visa of multiple entries and exits of Panama for the term of the provisional residence permit (Provisional Processing Card)

Time Period: The processing of the application for the Multiple Entries and Departures Visa at the offices of the National Immigration Service in Panama can take between three (3) and five (5) business days.


  • Original and photocopy of the applicant's valid passport, including the page where the photograph appears, name, date of birth, passport number, place of issue, etc.; as well as the rest of the pages where the stamps of entries and exits to the different countries visited are shown.
  • Two (2) passport-size photographs of the applicant.
  • Copy of Provisional Residence Permit (Provisional Processing Card)


Special power of attorney duly signed by the applicant and granted to an attorney of our firm, through which the processing of immigration documentation for the Multiple Entry and Exit Visa process is authorized.

Responsive Menu
Add more content here...